Administrator/Trainee Document Controller
Located in a beautiful location close to Epping (due to location car driver essential) this role is a great chance to show off your admin and organisation skills along with learning to be a document controller for this construction company.
Ideally you will be a fast learner with possibly some experience of the construction industry, great admin skills and friendly personality.
Dealing with a wide range of clients in the commercial, education, security and leisure sector. Many commercial projects, particularly in the City, demand a combination of high specification designs with a wide choice of finishes in order to meet the expectations of occupiers and to secure blue-chip tenants for building owners. Based in a rural location, with approx 80 people factory and office based on site.
This is an extremely fast growing company, where the pace is hectic and priorities change quickly. Many employees have been with the Company a long time and are passionate about what is produced. They have an entrepreneurial feel and many say it feels like working at a family firm.
They value their employees extremely highly and their customer service is industry leading. This Administrator/Trainee Document Controller is a newly created role. Role holder will be trained and guided in the development of document control and management processes and procedures across all relevant projects. Alongside general administration duties the Trainee Document Controller will ensure document management consistency across all projects, maintaining control and traceability of the documentation through the life of all projects.
Responsibilities to include:
• Develop and maintain a document management system
• Ensure control and coordination of projects documentation and data
• Ensure all drawings/documentation are correctly identified distributed and filed/stored.
• Production and ensuring use of standardised forms and templates
• Monitoring of documentation progress in cooperation with the project planner
Administrator/Trainee Document Controller will be working alongside three Directors, a Personal Assistant, two Contracts Managers, CAD drawing team and the Estimating team.
Person Specification: Existing document control experience is not essential.
• Strong office administration skills required minimum of one year
• Ideally construction industry office experience
• Individual must be hard working, diligent and very detail focused
• Individual must be a good communicator
• Individual must be a team worker able to build good relationships both internally and externally
• Most importantly individual must be rigorously methodical in their way of working and thinking to thrive in this type of job.
It is a hectic environment, with fast moving projects and rapidly changing priorities. We are looking for an individual who can thrive in this environment whilst maintaining the attention to detail and control required of a successful document controller. Hours of work: 8am-5pm Salary Range: Depending on experience £19-29k
Please send your CV or call Heather on 07802 845461