Drivers Class 2
LGV Driver Cat C (2 required) Working for a Client based around the Crawley area this is a great permanent position with the chance to work for a great company looking for loyalty and a great working attitude. You will be physically fit, have lots of previous experience working in a similar role and be OK with early hours as the day starts at 5am and are 10 hour days. LGV Driver Job Purpose: To deliver goods and services to customer premises, ensuring deliveries are handled safely and in accordance with business and customer requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Complete vehicle daily inspection sheet and give to Transport Manager.
• Supervise the loading of the vehicle so that products are safely loaded and secured to minimise chances of damage.
• Carry out multi-drop deliveries in a timely and safe manner, in accordance with instructions given.
• Ensure that on arrival the delivery is safe to make and respect customer’s property; if in doubt, consult with customer and/or Transport Manager.
• Check goods off with Customers and obtain signature and print (using Proof of Delivery form).
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Handle customer issues on delivery effectively and contact Transport Manager for assistance if required.
• Drive the vehicle safely and in accordance with the law.
• Drive within the tachograph law and driver hours limits.
• Look after the vehicle and ensure that it is not subjected to unnecessary damage.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle and driving cab.
• Ensure accidents are kept to a minimum.
• Report any accidents as soon as possible and in compliance with the company’s accident reporting procedure.
• Attend essential training in order to carry out the driver role.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures, to include the Company Standards of Performance and Health and Safety Policy.
Person Specification: Essential:
• Cat C Driving Licence
• Current Driver Qualification Card (DQC) and Driver Digi card.
• Experience of using manual and digital tachographs.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Numerate and literate.
• Flexible regarding working hours.
Pay £450 per week plus £50 bonus per week.
Please send your CV to Alexander Fisher Recruitment.