up to £60k pa
Estimator Fit-Out My Client based in the West Essex area is looking for an experienced Estimator to work both on-site and in the Head Office. Working within the luxury fit-out arena this is an amazing opportunity to work for a company based in a lovely location with great staff retention and working atmosphere. This is a great chance to have a career within a forward thinking, expanding company. Due to the location you must be able to drive to be able to get to work.
JOB DESCRIPTION QUALIFICATIONS BSc: Quantity Surveying/Trade Experience or equivalent
A member of the Pre-Construction team reporting to the MD. You will be responsible for providing accurate priced tenders in a timely manner. Key functional areas include Tender technical assessment, compiling package enquiries for sub-contract packages, pricing BOQ accurately, tender risk assessment all in compliance with legislation and best practice.
1. Review of tender from a technical/products perspective.
2. Produce priced Bills of Quantities in a timely manner.
3. Originate BOQ when required.
4. Compile and issue tender enquiries when required to sub-contractors.
5. Support Project/Site managers in delivering the Project.
6. Formulate tender handover files for all successful tenders.
7. Keep abreast of technical developments in products/systems being priced.
8. Keep a tender log updated and accessible.
9. Attend mid-tender meetings as required.
10. Present tenders for Director review and sign-off.
11. Maintain excellent relations with suppliers to secure prices in a timely manner.
12. Issue RFI’s to Clients as required during the tender period.
13. Be proficient in using the Company’s take-off software.
14. Work closely with Document Control.
This job description is subject to change. The Job Holder will do all tasks within his/her level of skill and ability If you are an experienced Estimator and this role looks interesting please send your CV in the first instance.