Quantity Surveyor Role - Kent and London Areas Our Client is looking for a Quantity Surveyor looking to expand their experience within a progressive company. Previous cladding and refurbishment experience is required along with being used to working on projects ranging from 0.5m to 5m. The role will be based in Medway but working also from various sites throughout the London area. Being based in London or Kent with accessibility to the Medway area you will be looking for a company that you can progress and grow with.
Salary in the range of 40-55k negotiable depending on experience level
Reporting to Commercial manager Number of direct reports May have responsibility for assistant QS on site Overall purpose of role To:
• Work closely with construction and project management to manage and monitor the commercial aspects of delivery of assigned contracts to budget.
• Liaise with senior surveyor in order to ensure delivery of budget and financial information.
• Liaise with finance, procurement and estimating as required.
• Management and monitoring of assigned project plan, associated budget, costs and contract terms, with senior surveyor as appropriate.
• Liaison with senior surveyor and senior project manager.
• Liaison with financial controller, procurement manager and estimator.
• Valuation of works and collation of associated documentation for CVR, cash flow forecast and sales forecast. • Discussion with client and counter-signing of documentation.
• Monitor and manage orders, deliveries and invoicing of materials
• Monitor and manage sub-contractor orders, approvals and payments
• Manage valuations and associated documentation
• Ensure familiarity with budget from Estimating department
• Ensure Project Probe is updated with relevant information
• Provide information to enable updating of sales forecast, cash flow forecast and CVR
• Attend site meetings as required
• Manage own workload and priorities
• Technical – qualified, or nearing completion of, eg AIOB, FIOB, RICS or Degree in surveying and experienced senior / managing surveyor within construction industry.
• CSCS card - visitor’s card or as required by client
• Programme and project management – working knowledge of GANTT charts including interpretation of requirements and tracking of financial information.
• CRB/Disclosure checked as required for specific sites eg schools.
• General IT:
• Intermediate user MS Excel.
• Competent user MS Word, Microsoft Outlook email and calendars.
• Working knowledge of MS Project.
Non-technical: The following gives an overview of the non-technical skills we expect to see in our staff. Further details will be added through the Performance Management process and PDRs.
• Working together effectively
• Managing our business commercially
• Managing self and others
0207 613 firstname.lastname@example.org